Captains, Prefects and Student Representative Council (SRC)
The School Captains, Vice
Captains, and the Year 12 Prefects form the student leadership team.
As a group,
the students meet regularly with the Year Coordinator and take on roles which serve the student body and the
wider school community.
The role of the Student Representative Council (SRC) is to act as a forum whereby the opinions and concerns of the Cairns State High School student body may be voiced. It aims to establish and foster communication between the year levels and within the year levels by providing opportunities for participation in community and charity projects.
The school also supports leadership at a range of other levels:
- SRC reps from Year 7-11 representing their cohort.
- Form class leaders working with the Year Coordinator
- Indigenous Leaders of Tomorrow (ILT)
- Orchestra leader, section leaders
- Subject and Learning student leadership of particular events
- Two elected School Council student representatives.