High School has a tradition of offering a high quality and varied
curriculum - A curriculum which incorporates the school’s traditional values, its academic excellence, and
quality teaching supported by technology.
The curriculum structure offers traditional, vocational and online
subjects as well as Centres of Excellence in Music, Performing Arts, Stem, Sport and Visual Arts. It incorporates Australian Curriculum subjects in Years 7 to 10 and Queensland Curriculum Assessment Authority (QCAA) in Years 11 to 12.
In line with the Guiding Statement, the school undertakes constant review of the curriculum, the alignment of the curriculum practices and the linking of the curriculum to both the local and international community. This ensures that:
- Cairns State High School as a learning community engages in
professional dialogue and encourages collaborative practices and collective
- There is a common approach which aligns curriculum pedagogy and
- Curriculum, pedagogy and assessment practices are of the highest possible
- Students have opportunities to challenge themselves through extension within the subject area or accelerated studies.
- The integration of technology and other latest innovations.
- Local and global curriculum connections are embedded within the
Christopher Zilm, Executive Principal
Curriculum Leadership | T 4050 3001 | E email@example.com