When: Tuesday 11 June
- Agenda for General Meeting - 11th June 2019
- General meeting minutes - Tuesday 7 May 019
- Principal Report 11 June
When: Tuesday 7 May, 2019
President: Darren Thamm
Vice President: Nigel Hales
Treasurer: Beatrix Pienaar
Secretary: Kier Shorey
The Cairns State High School Parent's and Citizens Association (P&C) is the parents’ voice and the committee works closely with the school community and School Council on policy decisions and development.
- Fundraising and social events
- Building relationships within the school community
- Providing support to fellow parents during the school of their child.
Assisting with events and activities as well as voluntary financial contributions are very appreciated.
It is noted that prior to 2019, the P & C Association also undertook the management of trading businesses and the school is very grateful for their dedication and commitment to the school in this regard.
Recent contributions and achievements
- A fantastic meet and greet for parents/carers (Year 7 and existing) to start 2018 meeting.
- A successful Audit of 2017 business operations.
- The Centenary Celebration Jazz Supper Club.
- Painting of Crosswell Hall.
- Significant financial contribution to the Mackenzie Walk (decking).
- Refurbishment of the heritage entry (thanks to sponsorship program.)
- A Canteen Refurbishment in 2016.
- A new P&C Shop on Sheridan Street.
- K block kitchen upgrade.
- Air-conditioning in K block Home Economics kitchens.
- Shade sails and landscaped gardens near the Canteen.
- Drinking fountains in the Sports Complex
Mr Darren Thamm l P & C Association President l T 4050 3033 l E PandCPresident@cairnsshs.eq.edu.au