Cairns State High School operates a voluntary Student Resource Scheme (SRS) under the guidance of the Department of Education and approval by the school's P&C Association. The aim of the scheme is to provide students with necessary textbooks (electronic or hard copy), classroom resources, associated learning materials and online learning resources at a financial saving to parents. Parents who choose not to join the scheme will be required to privately purchase all the various textbooks, classroom and online learning resources and practical equipment and materials listed in the 2022 Year Level Student Resource Scheme. The cost in sourcing these resources is higher than the cost of taking part in our Student Resource Scheme and also more time consuming.
Over the last 12 months we have been revising our processes in relation to the student resources used and the fees charged. In 2022, all students will be invoiced a core fee (SRS A Fee) which will cover resources that are used by all students in that year level eg. ID Card, Clickview Subscription, Education Perfect Software etc. Additional invoices (SRS B, C and D Fee) will then be generated for each individual subject based on the resources they use. Unfortunately, during this time there may be 6-8 invoices generated per student. On completion of the invoicing process we will send out a Debtors Statement to consolidate these invoices into one amount. It will be advisable to wait until this Debtors Statement is sent out before paying these fees.
The school's Student Resource Scheme fee will be broken into 4 sections:
- SRS A Fee: Includes the core fees applicable to all students in the year level cohort.
- SRS B Fee: Elective subject fees that are determined by each student's individual timetable.
- C Fee: Additional Educational Programs – Instrumental Music Program, Outside of School Hours Programs including Centre of Excellence.
- D Fee – Vocational Education Training Fees
Please see the attached 2022 Student Resource Scheme for your students Year Level.
- 24/01/2022- 28/01/2022 invoices will be sent out for the SRS A Fee for Yr 7-12 students.
- From 28/02/2022 invoices will be sent out for all subject fees (SRS B Fee, C & D). We allow a 4 week delay in invoicing to allow for any changes to subjects.
- Due date for all invoices: 1/04/2022 alternatively payment plans can be set up via Centrelink or Direct Debit allowing an extended time to pay fees (payment plan fees are to be paid by 16/09/2022)
For all queries regarding the SRS and its inclusions, please contact Student Accounts email@example.com or (07) 4050 3033.