Cairns High is currently seeking applications for backfill/on-call Teacher Aides in our Centre for Diverse Learning area.
As the Teacher Aide some duties included, but not limited to are listed below:
- Provide in class support and mentor targeted students - suitable literacy/computer skills to support students to access learning in a high school classroom
- Assisting in the supervision of education activities, under the direction of a teacher.
- Displaying respect and empathy for students with high level needs.
- Communicating effectively and displaying high level of interpersonal skills to function as an effective team member.
- Following the directions of the teacher to assist students with accessing the curriculum.
- Displaying confidentiality, tact, reliability and sensitively to students and their families.
- Assist students with additional requirements.
- Knowledge of specific disabilities and best practice desirable.
- Duties as directed
- Ability to record data as required.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the Role Description for Teacher Aides and provide:
- A Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages).
- The name of two referees, one whom should be their current supervisor.
- A brief cover letter detailing capabilities in relation to role description.
Applications by email only Attention BM – email@example.com
Suitable applicants will be notified (Successful applicants must hold a current Working with Children clearance and complete a full Criminal History Check)